I thought it would be good to have a guest post from someone that is a known “cheater” of the FG:TQFS game, as the subject is never discussed and thought some readers may find it interesting to find out the reasons as to why someone decides to cheat, instead of legally obtaining Clams.
We all know that this subject is rather controversial so it would be great to hear everybody else’s opinions on the matter, as well as what you think about why Lev cheats when playing his game and how he helps other players when the game glitches, but TinyCo do not fix it quickly enough for players, sometimes resulting in the players losing out on timed characters/items.
So, below is Lev’s guest post, and remember – this is his own opinion:
“Hey folks, I’m going to be talking about a topic that you guys might have heard of: Cheating.
Now you might say, “Oooh, he/she is a cheater, you deserve to be banned!”, however that statement might not be all that it’s set up to be. Maybe I should introduce myself first. My name is Lev and I have been cheating for over a year and counting (lalalalalala). Now you might think that I’m an ass for cheating on the game, however I do not see me doing any harm. First step, the leaderboard as you may know is a competition between players. I strongly agree with TinyCo’s banning players who cheat from competing on the leaderboard as that would just lead to cheaters on top and players who play fairly on the bottom. However me altering the prices for my own town to have the premium items, it has no effect on your town or anyone else’s town so whatever the cheaters do won’t make any difference to you. Now you might say, well it’s not fair that I have to do this when someone else is cheating and getting things for free. This is true, however that is your choice to not cheat if you don’t want to risk anything with your game. Given the choice, there is no unfair advantage as it is possible for you to cheat as well if you wish too.
Now I would be talking about why I cheat. I am currently studying at a university and have to work to cover my tuition. Balancing both of these, I have little time to actually play the game. Now you might tell me just to purchase clams to afford the items. However, I work to be able to afford my next semester for college, transportation, and food. I don’t have money to throw out on a game as I need to focus on the necessities and countless others have to save their money on food, rent, and supporting their families. Now another thing, I like collecting the items in-game to be able to have all of them. Let’s look at past events, there have been buildings that costs clams that help with event. Such as during Music event, we had the Neon Lion and during the Star Trek event we had the Dilithium Mine. Both were priced at 700 clams. For a person who collects the buildings, 700 clams worth (based on the 3500 clams price) are each approximately $20. Given that it is a timed event and the item would be gone when event is over, it would be impossible to get it without spending money on the clams. For a collector like me, it would be discouraging to be unable to get an item so this would be the only way I’ll be able to do so. TinyCo jumps from ending an event quickly to starting a new one so there is no time to actually collect clams in-game to make a difference. The only way way I was able to complete my goal of collecting all the items was by making my own hack. However, given my situation, I know what it’s like to being behind on the game so instead of just using it for my own game, I have helped others in their own games and the people that I have helped, ended up becoming a community we are able to discuss information about the game and tips for the players. It was highly successful and everyone was happy receiving the extra hand in their games.
Now I will list the pros and coins of cheating on this game:
– It’s your schedule. You will no longer be rushed to constantly check into your game or sacrifice your sleep to make sure you get your timed challenge on time.
– It works on your budget. Don’t want to miss out on a premium character that will most likely not be able to be gotten in the future as don’t have money to spend on the game? Get it for free without having less money for the necessities for survival.
– Being able to help with TinyCo’s issues: If you guys still remember the Halloween event that we recently had, there was a movie screen that was able to spawn nuns, vampires, and more. However, due to a TinyCo glitch, some people had that timer broken and it wouldn’t spawn anything. I had helped people with their timed challenges requiring to clear the nuns and vampires by placing it into their games manually so they’l be able to complete it in time.
– Freedom to not be in competition with others such as leaderboard and get the prize that you longed for.
– Banning: In the course of the game, no one had ever been actually banned from the game. There had only been two clam sweeps where TinyCo had taken clams gotten without them being purchased or earned in-game. The only ban that had occured was the ban from competing in the leaderboard, however that doesn’t make a big difference as with cheating, can get the items from leaderboard.
– Being bored: I encounter this all the time where some people decide to rush all the tasks in a single day and for the rest of the 6 days, they are bored waiting for new content to be released. Even though cheating does help your gameplay, it shouldn’t be an excuse to not play your game. Why play the game if you just rush everything?
A side note, if you do go into cheating: sites that promise to help you as a “generator” are fake and should not go on them.
Thanks for reading,