TinyCo has messaged us with the following solution/troubleshooting to help iOS players:
1) Make sure the app is not running in the background. If it is, you will need to force close it.
2) Go into your device’s settings and enable Airplane Mode.
3) Start the Family Guy game.
4) Consuela will appear with a “Connect Error!” window. Do not press the retry button or close the app. Instead, allow the loading bar to fill up.
5) Once the loading bar is full, go back to your device’s settings and turn off Airplane Mode to restore your connection.
6) Go back to the Family Guy game and press the retry button or let the game reload.
You will need to follow the same steps each time you play the game.
PLEASE NOTE: If you attempt to make the same purchase that you made before you received this crash, the game will crash again. You will be able to purchase all other packages.